01 August 2008

Books

My beautiful and smart wifey posted a list on her blog listing the top 100 books and bolded the ones she read. I'm only going to post the ones I've read.

2 The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien (all 3 books)
4 Harry Potter series - JK Rowling* (entire series)
6 The Bible* (started, I got half-way through Isaiah)
16 The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien (really, just the prequel to No 2)
18 Catcher in the Rye - JD Salinger (unfortunately, stupid book)
25 The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams (great sci-fi book)
33 Chronicles of Narnia - CS Lewis* (entire series, great adventure)
36 The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - CS Lewis* (okay, this is one of the series from #33, but if it makes me look well-read, then that's great)
49 Lord of the Flies - William Golding (They killed Piggy!)
57 A Tale Of Two Cities - Charles Dickens (started it, first chapter, great opening, though)
89 Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (I've read some of them, one or two, Hound of the Baskervilles.)

Not on the list that should be:
Princess Bride

2 comments:

Noelle said...

The Princess Bride is a great book.

Aaron and Stephanie Cousins said...

Hey Jeff. My first time at your blog. I like it. Keep the good stuff coming. Say hi to Noelle!