26 April 2009

Contractions

So, I just figured out that I can schedule when my posts should appear on the blog. This is good, because now, when I get in a blogging mood, I can post all my ideas and have them appear whenever later.

So this post is about contractions. I noticed something funny with my last post. I made a grammatically correct sentence using three words where the first two or the last two can be made a contraction. I chose the second two... I don't know why.
It isn't

But I suppose I could have just as easily typed:
It's not

or
It is not

but I didn't.

It got me thinking though, what if we combined the entire sentence!
It'sn't

What other three word combinations can be made to be one contraction? There are others, I just can't think of them at the moment.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

I'm learning a bit about contractions myself these days. Oh, but that's another kind of contraction.

Luella said...

Hey - any chance you could fix our blog?