20 June 2008

Firefox 3 and TabBrowser Preferences

Don't you hate it when your favorite piece of software is no longer supported, developed or stops working because it won't work on the latest hardware or operating system (OS)? Well, such is the case for me with TabBrowser Preferences. I love this add-on... it is one of the must haves for Firefox (in my opinion), but it seems others, too. Since I've upgraded to Firefox 3 at work, TabBrowser Preferences has stopped working; it doesn't pass the version test. As such, I've not upgraded to FF3 at home.

There are some great advantageous to FF3, and I'm liking the new address bar features. I don't like how it is trying to mimic IE7 with the back/forward buttons (and I know IE7 is mimicking some other webbrowser), I preferred the older style.

But, anyway, back to my rant! I may have to drop TabBrowser Preferences from my list on the sidebar. Someone mentioned Tab Mix Plus, which looks promising, but is listed as "for older FF versions". Alas, according to the developer, the update is coming. I'll give it a try and let you all know.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Don't you just hate it when you are making banana bread, and you don't have one of the ingredients? The grocery store looks promising, though. I'll give it a try and let you know.

Noelle said...

Baking soda.